One Yukkuri Place

Read the rules before proceeding!

Topic: Official SimYukkuri Thread [Current Release in OP]

Posted under General

gay-pants

a_red_glow said:
Nitori I believe is the last one that needs fixing up. The background looks great too btw.

The only other things I can think of now is creating new items/yukkuri if your up for it.

yukannon is working on Nitori already.

Udonge and Ran have much more messy sprites, they could use fixing instead.

  • ID: 8365
  • Permalink
  • Hrywhoaranngnh

    How does this game works? Are any programs required to make it work? I downloaded and it appeared as "executable JAR file" with a text icon, i tried to make it work but it didn.

    It kept saying that i could not find the the main class file and it quit trying to work.

  • ID: 8366
  • Permalink
  • exitstrategy

    Hrywhoaranngnh said:
    How does this game works? Are any programs required to make it work? I downloaded and it appeared as "executable JAR file" with a text icon, i tried to make it work but it didn.

    It kept saying that i could not find the the main class file and it quit trying to work.

    You aren't supposed to unpack the jar file. You run the file with Java runtime environment, which you may have to go install first.

  • ID: 8367
  • Permalink
  • ANON X

    exitstrategy said:
    You aren't supposed to unpack the jar file. You run the file with Java runtime environment, which you may have to go install first.

    I have the same problem too and the latest java. I have tried to download it now twenty times and zero satisfaction. I have come to the conclusion that unless it is made larger than a 28-30mb file then there is no game to go with it. Sadly you might have a non-plussed customer if this can't be rectified in a language that a baka like me can understand.

  • ID: 8369
  • Permalink
  • Eternity

    Hrywhoaranngnh said:
    How does this game works? Are any programs required to make it work? I downloaded and it appeared as "executable JAR file" with a text icon, i tried to make it work but it didn.

    It kept saying that i could not find the the main class file and it quit trying to work.

    You don't have jars associated with java for some unholy reason, or you don't have java installed. Right click, open with Java. If that isnt an option, go install Java from their website.

    ANON_X said:
    I have the same problem too and the latest java. I have tried to download it now twenty times and zero satisfaction. I have come to the conclusion that unless it is made larger than a 28-30mb file then there is no game to go with it. Sadly you might have a non-plussed customer if this can't be rectified in a language that a baka like me can understand.

    I just tested it. Downloaded the jar and it ran fine, so theres no issue in the actual file, its your computer.
    You should be able to execute the jar, a menu should pop up, hit ok after pickign settings, and then wait about 30 seconds depending on system speed and hte game should open up.

    (PS: Its never going to be bigger than a 28mb file, because its already bloated from my lazy file directories, if anything, we should be able to shrink it a bit by removing redundant junk (and converting the jpg to png) in the future.)

  • ID: 8370
  • Permalink
  • boom

    So I noticed the Aquatic Shell Marisas and Kotatsu Marisas don't move in the hiatus edition. In older and other editions, they were able to move around to do poo-poo, eat, etc.

    I suppose this is in keeping with yukkuri canon about shelled Marisas being too heavy to hop along on their own?

  • ID: 8371
  • Permalink
  • RP

    boom said:
    So I noticed the Aquatic Shell Marisas and Kotatsu Marisas don't move in the hiatus edition. In older and other editions, they were able to move around to do poo-poo, eat, etc.

    I suppose this is in keeping with yukkuri canon about shelled Marisas being too heavy to hop along on their own?

    But in the yukkuri canon shelled marisas can still crawling

  • ID: 8372
  • Permalink
  • mad hatter

    boom said:
    So I noticed the Aquatic Shell Marisas and Kotatsu Marisas don't move in the hiatus edition. In older and other editions, they were able to move around to do poo-poo, eat, etc.

    I suppose this is in keeping with yukkuri canon about shelled Marisas being too heavy to hop along on their own?

    That's my experience. They just sleep or bounce, and I have to keep them alive with juice. And they're almost always shitheads/super shitheads, so I amp them to adulthood and sell them.

  • ID: 8374
  • Permalink
  • RP

    mad_hatter said:
    That's my experience. They just sleep or bounce, and I have to keep them alive with juice. And they're almost always shitheads/super shitheads, so I amp them to adulthood and sell them.

    I think is likely that Eternity (you program this game right ?) trying to simulate the slowness of the shelled marisas reduced their speed to a too much slow level, so slow to give the illusion that the yukkuri in question stand still, is likely that He will rebalance their speeds in the next update

  • ID: 8375
  • Permalink
  • boom

    RP said:
    I think is likely that Eternity (you program this game right ?) trying to simulate the slowness of the shelled marisas reduced their speed to a too much slow level, so slow to give the illusion that the yukkuri in question stand still, is likely that He will rebalance their speeds in the next update

    Thanks. I've never noticed the "all shitheads all the time" problem, because I was so focused on the lack of movement.

  • ID: 8379
  • Permalink
  • a red glow

    Is it possible to remove the limit for yukkuris on the breeding pool? I remember you used to be able to do some funny things with it now it seems theres a limit even with an orange pool as to when they explode.

  • ID: 8384
  • Permalink
  • mad hatter

    RP said:
    I think is likely that Eternity (you program this game right ?) trying to simulate the slowness of the shelled marisas reduced their speed to a too much slow level, so slow to give the illusion that the yukkuri in question stand still, is likely that He will rebalance their speeds in the next update

    OK; makes sense there might need to be some rebalancing. But it's not an illusion-the kotamarisas and shells don't move towards food (at least IME), they crap in front of themselves and won't move to breed. I would lay that off to 80% of the ones I get being shitheads/super shitheads. But even shitheads run from rapers, yet these don't even try. *shrug*

    Still, it's a great game, and thanks to those that worked on it. I don't mean to come across as complaining. It's just that I know Touhou, but not yukkuri. So yeah, some of this activity is probably true to canon (lethargic shells, shitheads, constant shitting/eating/screwing).

  • ID: 8385
  • Permalink
  • tora

    For the life of me, I can't figure out how to move objects around along the Y axis. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

  • ID: 8410
  • Permalink
  • gay-pants

    tora said:
    For the life of me, I can't figure out how to move objects around along the Y axis. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

    right click 'em

  • ID: 8411
  • Permalink
  • Eternity

    gay-pants said:
    right click 'em

    Wait, really? How did I never know this... .-.

  • ID: 8412
  • Permalink
  • gay-pants

    Was it literally so obscure that Eternity didn't even know about it

  • ID: 8413
  • Permalink
  • maximusfive

    Eternity said:
    Wait, really? How did I never know this... .-.

    Did.....you really not know that? o.o

  • ID: 8414
  • Permalink
  • Eternity

    maximusfive said:
    Did.....you really not know that? o.o

    actually yeah.... i just chased yukkuri around with the hammer to get them to run into things >.>

  • ID: 8415
  • Permalink
  • Septimus

    Oh wow, I thought this was universally known since like the third version that came out of SimYu...

  • ID: 8417
  • Permalink